Ingredients1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 yellow onion, diced
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
1 28-ounce can high-quality crushed tomatoes
1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, for garnish
Fresh basil, for garnish
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add garlic and onion, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes. Add red pepper flakes, and cook for an additional minute.
- Add crushed tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Cover, and turn heat down to simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, cook spaghetti according to directions.
- Add the cooked pasta to the sauce, add the Greek yogurt, and mix well, until all is combined.
- Plate your pasta, and garnish with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, basil, and extra red pepper flakes if you wish!