A rain check is a great way to help you to avoid losing out on a great sale.
- Always bring in the stores sales flier. Sales clerks can't keep up with all the sales, so having it ready helps everyone out.
- When your sale item is out of stock many stores will give you a rain check (voucher) for the same item, same price when they get the item in stock. They do have expiration dates so watch for those. Normally they are 30 days.
- Let the clerk know that they were out of stock and you would like a rain check. Show them the flier. Attach the rain check to the flier. Keep them together until you use your rain check; keeping your flier will help if there is any questions about the rain check.
- Rain checks will not be handed out if the advertisement states "quantities are limited to stock on hand" or something like that.
- Something I do is hit the sale early, buy the item; then go back towards the end of the sale and if they are out get a rain check . You can use it within 30 days and it gives you a chance to stock up on the coupons that will go with that item. This works great when they put a limit on how much you can buy.