Mama of 3 Munchins.
Grilled Chicken with Pineapple/Mango Salsa
Ingredients for marinade:
• 2 cups pineapple juice
• 2 tbsp soy sauce
• 1 tbsp honey
• salt, pepper, and garlic salt to taste
Combine all ingredients in shallow baking dish.
Place chicken in the marinade and cover. Let stand in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
After chicken has marinated for several hours, grill until internal temperature reaches at least 165 degrees.
Ingredients for Salsa:
• 3-4 medium mangoes, peeled and dice
• 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced
• 1 small red onion, finely chopped
• 1 jalapeno pepper (only if you want it spicy!)
• 1/2 orange bell pepper
• 1/2 green bell pepper
• 5-6 stems of fresh cilantro
• cumin to taste
• sea salt to taste
• garlic salt to taste
• fresh lemon juice – to taste (2-3 tsp)
While chicken is soaking in marinade, begin prepping the salsa.
Combine all ingredients in large bowl. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to use (2-3 hours is best).
Serve the Hawaiian Grilled Chicken over rice and top with the fresh Pineapple Mango Salsa.
The salsa can be served warm or cold with this dish. It’s great served with tortilla chips on the side or as a great snack by itself. It’s a healthy option for the whole family!