Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 30 minutes
Ingredients for Chicken:
4 (4 ounces each) chicken breast, boneless, skinless
1 cup regular onions (yellow), chopped
¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
2 tablespoons hoisin sauce, see shopping tips
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2-3 packets Truvia, Stevia or Splenda (sugar substitute), to taste
1 tablespoon ginger, from a jar, see shopping tips
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon cornstarch or flour
Ingredients for Serving:
1 bag shredded cabbage (~5 cups)
2 teaspoons sesame seeds
2 tablespoons scallions, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Place chicken in dish. Sprinkle onions all over. Combine soy sauce and next 5 ingredients (through garlic); pour over chicken.
3. Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes. Check for doneness.
4. Pour sauce in small pot. In a small dish, mix the cornstarch with a little water to dissolve. If using flour, not necessary. Whisk it into the sauce. Bring heat up to a boil, turn down to low and simmer for a few minutes until the sauce thickens a bit. Pour sauce over chicken.
5. Add cabbage to a microwave safe bowl and cook in microwave for 2-3 minutes until soft.
6. To serve: Divide cabbage on 4 plates. Add 1 breast and spoon sauce over the top of chicken and cabbage. Sprinkle the top of each serving with ½ teaspoon sesame seeds and sliced scallions.
Makes 4 servings (each serving, 1 chicken breast and sauce)
Weight Watchers (old points) 3
Weight Watchers POINTS PLUS 5
SKINNY FACTS: 1 serving (4 oz of chicken, sauce and cabbage)
193 calories, 2g fat, 0mg chol, 26g prot, 19g carbs, 3g fiber, 723mg sod, 4g sugar