Loving The Northwest

Loving The Northwest

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Quick Chinese Pepper Steak

Chinese Pepper Steak in the slow cooker

I normally make this recipe in the skillet but I tried it in the crockpot and it was so good I had to share.I doubled the gravy ingredients because I like a lot of sauce for my rice, so you might want to also.

Ingredients:

1 to 1 1/2 lbs of round steak (cut in small steaks) (I used frozen)
veg oil
1 green pepper
1 envelope of Au Jus Gravy mix
3/4 cups of water
4 tsps soy sauce
1/2 tsp ground ginger
milk and corn starch to thicken
Hot cooked rice

Put a little bit of veg oil in the bottom of the slow cooker. mix  Au Jus, water, soy sauce, and ginger in a bowl.  Place steak in the slower cooker and pour sauce and peppers over the top. Cook it on low for about 8 hours.  When the meat starts to fall apart I took it out, then mixed up 1/2 milk and 2 tablespoons of corn starch and mixed it up with the gravy to thicken it up, then added the meat back in.  Serve over rice.  I love it every time.

1 comment:

SHERRIE said...

Yum yum...we put this on french dips rolls with Swiss chz it was best