I am happy to participate in the 5 dollar dinners Bargain Meal of the Week.
Italian Hamburger with Spaghetti
Ingredients* 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
* 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
* 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
* 2 small garlic clove, minced
* 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
* 24 oz spaghetti sauce
* teaspoon Italian seasoning (if you would like additional seasoning to your sauce)
* Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
* In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sprinkle 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over mixture; mix well. Shape into six patties.
* In a large skillet, cook patties for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Combine the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning; pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve patties and sauce over spaghetti if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Thank you to Taste of Home for this recipe.