Loving The Northwest

Loving The Northwest

Monday, June 28, 2010

I have saved $1,886.75


My June Spending

My grocery budget is $500 a month ($125 a week) for my family of 4. This includes food, cleaners, personal hygiene items, and sometimes a few miscellaneous items. By shopping sales, using coupons, and stockpiling when prices hit rock bottom I have saved $1,886.75 so far this year. Setting a budget really helps to control your spending. I give myself a realistic budget and stay as close to it as possible. I did go over this month but I found some really great deals.  With the kids being home for the summer my food bill has gone up some.

This week my shopping was done at Safeway, Albertson's, Walgreen's, Big Lots, and WinCo.

Monthly Budget $500
Spent $588.06 ($88.06 over budget for the month)
Saved $348.79

I love tracking my spending; I enjoy seeing how much I save.

1 comment:

cpullum said...

You save alot!! Thats awsome!
Carla