I am happy to participate in the 5 dollar dinners Bargain Meal of the Week.
Spicy Egg Bake (Serves 8)
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls ($1.32) use store brand or Pillsbury if you pick it up on sale.
- 10 eggs $.91
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter (on hand)
- 1-1/2 cups prepared taco meat (~$1.00 use leftover taco meat for this)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese (Hy-Top Brand in bulk blocks $1.48 for both cheeses) We just use 2 cups of Colby Jack, which we keep on hand.
- 1 cup salsa (Pace $.94)
- Unroll crescent roll dough into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Seal seams and perforations; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and water. In a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are almost set. Remove from the heat.
- Sprinkle taco meat over dough. Layer with eggs, cheeses and salsa. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Thank you to Taste of Home for this recipe