Loving The Northwest

Loving The Northwest

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

After Game Snacks

We started soccer recently and this week it's our turn to bring snacks. I try to pay attention to what the kids like but keeping it somewhat healthy. I decided to take several different boxes of the 100 calorie snack packs and let the kids choose which ones they want (they are on sale at Safeway right now 2 for $4) and in the cooler I will have individual Tillamook cheese packs (from Costco) and Capri Sun.  I'm hoping the kids will like them, as well as the parents.

I have read several articles on different snack ideas so I put together a list of snack options that might be helpful.

  • Mini pretzel packs
  • Grapes (put in individual bags)
  • Squeeze yogurt (freeze ahead of time)
  • Mini bagels with cream cheese
  • Goldfish crackers
  • Watermelon chunks
  • Cheese Sticks
  • Cheez-It packs
  • Strawberries
  • Rice Krispie treats
  • Cheese and cracker packs
  • Sun Chips
  • Teddy Grahams
  • Granola bars
  • Trail mix packets (Costco,  older kids)
  • Beef Jerky packs (Costco, older kids)
I like to bring a couple different things so the kids can pick something they like; not everyone likes the same thing.

No comments: