Loving The Northwest

Loving The Northwest

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Valentine's Day for the family - Date Night

 

Here we go again - another holiday.  I'm not a big fan of Valentine's Day. But for the kids we always do something of course.  It's hard to find ideas that don't involve candy and little junky items that we will end up throwing out.  I try to get creative, but it's hard.  I came up with the idea for the family that could start a whole new tradition.

There are 4 of us: me, my husband, son, and daughter.  I thought about having all of us go to the same restaurant but then splitting up.  I would have a little date with my son and my daughter would have a date with my husband. It would give each child one on one time and the experience of going out on a date. It's a great way to teach them how to act when they are on a date. My daughter loves having the car door opened by my husband and having him seat her at the table (wow, wait 'til she's dating).

I'm still in a toss up if I should do anything else.  I thought about giving them a little bag with a gift card or money, but then again I want to show them you can just spend time with each other rather than always a giving gift.

What do you do for your family on Valentine's? Let me know I would love to know what people do for their kids. My husband is spoiled, so everyday is Valentine's for him.

No comments: