- I love recipes, I have a collection of recipes with basic ingredients and things I would have on hand. I will normally pick out one new recipe to try.
- I always keep items stocked for those quick/staple meals; such as hamburgers, grilled cheese, pizza, etc.
- On Sundays I will go through my recipes, inventory what I have, and select about 10 of them for a two week period.
- I write down all the meals and attach the recipes to the list and keep it all in the kitchen
- I do another quick inventory of the ingredients and if I'm missing something I will write that on the grocery list, but normally I will have almost all the ingredients. The one new meal that I plan to make I may have to buy a few more things for. If I have to buy a couple things for a recipe that recipe will be pushed to the end of the week due to the fact that I shop on Thursdays (kids get out of school early that day).
- Now that I have all my recipes and list ready, I will select a meal the night before so I can pull things out of the freezer if I have to, or get it ready for the slow cooker in the morning.
- If things end up being crazy or we get home too late to cook the meal planned I will make one of my quick dinners and make the meal I had planned the following night.
- Typically one of the nights becomes a leftover night - such as tonight.
Here is a good article and meal planning guides, go to About.com for meal planning guides. They are great.