As you go through your coupons to see what expire at the end of the month set them in 2 piles.
- Items you purchase on a regular basis and need soon.
- Items you would only buy if you were to add them to a sale price or a doubler, and items you don't need in the three weeks.
- prioritize them
- separate them between this weeks shopping and next weeks shopping to control your budget.
- If you can't use all the coupons don't worry about there will probably be more soon. Don't overspend just to use your coupons.
- Hang on to them just in case you find them on sale in the next couple of weeks.
- When the weekly sales come out check them against your pile 2. If they expire that's okay, you don't want to buy things just because you have a coupon.
- After they expire you can recycle them or send them to a military family. Sending them to a military family might help you from purchasing things you don't need. Military families can use them up to three months after expiration date.