Loving The Northwest

Loving The Northwest

Friday, January 22, 2010

$5 dinners for 4 - Slow Cooker Mexican Pork

WinCo $5 Bargain Meals - all ingredients purchased at WinCo Foods

I am happy to participate in the $5dollar dinners Bargain Meal of the Week.
For more of my low budget meals to go Bargain Meals and 1 trip, 1 bag, 5 dinners


Slow Cooker Mexican Pork (serves 4)

Ingredients:

1 lb boneless pork loin roast or fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces (I used the fillets they were cheaper) $1.48lb
2 1/4 cups Chunky salsa (from 24-oz jar) Cascade Pride $1.75
1 can (4 oz) chopped green chiles, drained Hy-Top $.56
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed S&W $.72
1cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz), if desired $.70 from bulk brick

In 3 1/2- to 4-quart slow cooker, mix pork, salsa and chiles.
Cover; cook on Low heat setting 6 to 8 hours.
Stir in beans. Cover; cook on Low heat setting about 5 minutes or until beans are hot. Sprinkle with cheese.

Serve with Taco Chips, over rice, sour cream and/or Guacamole.

Total $5.21

3 comments:

mom2priceboys said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mom2priceboys said...

We had this a few weeks ago at my house, my guys loved it. see my results. We ate like tacos
http://www.cafemom.com/group/105486/forums/read/10554613/Slow_Cooker_Mexican_Pork

Kim said...

I'm going to give this one a try. Looks tastey!